Why Meso Zeaxanthin in your eye care and brain health supplements:
- Meso Zeaxanthin is found in the center of the retina as a natural selection
- Some say that Meso Zeaxanthin, limited in the human diet, is converted from Lutein in the eye. There are 12% of the populations that do not perform this process.
- Lutein is found in the outer area of the retina and Zeaxanthin is the next closest to the retina
- Without proper Meso Zeaxanthin the retina looks like a volcano rather than a mountain of carotenoids.
- The puzzle of the eye content has three components and most would agree that the human diet is insufficient to assist in protecting the eye and brain tissue with current levels of carotenoids consumed.
- Lutein alone is a far less successful antioxidant than the three carotenoids together as Meso Zeaxanthin, when combined with Lutein and Zeaxanthin, is 140% more effective as an antioxidant than lutein alone, Bernstein et al.
1. J Photochem Photobiol 2002:68(1):39-44.
2. Nutrients. 2013 April; 5(4): 1169-1185.
3. Nutr Res. 2009; 29(8): 588-95.
4. Nutrition. 2011 Sep;27(9):960-6.
5. Lipids. 2009 Sep; 44(9) 799-806.
6. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006 Jan;281(1-2): 103-10.
7. J Pharm. 2011 Jun 30;412 (1-2):99-105.
8. JM Nolan et al. /Experimental Eye Research 101 (2012) 9-15.
9. Loughman et al. /Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, Nov 2012, Vol. 53, no. 12 copyright 2012
The Association for Research Vision and Ophthalmology Ophthalmology